A Blog Novice's Diary

Hello! I have been a part-time library officer since 2006 after her seven years of language teaching. In my blog I like to report you how I, a new technology-phobia tackle learning Web 2.0.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Social Networking

I have heard about MySpace and Facebook but really didn't know what it was all about. Now I can tell that it is another way we can connect with people anywhere with similar interests and ideas. Having looked at MySpace, I was surprised that many people disclose personal profiles and photoes on the web where anyone can access. Although I am not keen to use the tool for my personal use, it could be used within our library service to connect people through our library. For example, by creating forums by authors or titles so people can exchange opinions.

I had never heard of Second Life and I was so so so thrilled with the 3D world. I visited "Tokyo Ichiban Town" where it has a huge shopping mall which allows the visitor to actually shop! What a great fun virtual world is! I can fly from shop to shop and overlook the whole town from the sky. But when it comes to the use for libraries, I am not really sure. Maybe it could be used for promotion of a library by building the library in the town..?

I want to thank the people who created the course for us. Although it has been very very time-consuming, it has been a very worth taking pains! I feel more internet-literate now.

1 Comments:

Blogger slnsw_learning_2.0 said...

So glad that you stuck with the course to finish.

Certificates will be sent out over the coming weeks.

Mylee (PLS)

July 29, 2008 at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home