A Blog Novice's Diary

Hello! I have been a part-time library officer since 2006 after her seven years of language teaching. In my blog I like to report you how I, a new technology-phobia tackle learning Web 2.0.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Podcasts

I was impressed with the idea of podcasting. And I am very glad to know it. Now I I started subscribing the latest news from a major Japanese news company and the Nine news. Podcasting also enbles me to access book reviews, talking books, and other entertainment programs by Japanese readers. In addition, the service is free! I imagine that podcasting helps a lot of non-native speakers living in a foreign country to stay current.

As for the applications of podcasts in a library, they can be used to deliver author talks and living talks at the library, storytime, and etc. So more people can appreciate the programs. Also they can be applied to staff training such as readers advisory, so the staff can study whenever he/she is available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home