A Blog Novice's Diary

Hello! I have been a part-time library officer since 2006 after her seven years of language teaching. In my blog I like to report you how I, a new technology-phobia tackle learning Web 2.0.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Wikis

I enjoyed seeing wiki applications in libraries, especially book reviews by the Princeton Public Library "BookLovers Wiki". I envy the library staff of Aritioch Uni New England where the library staff manual wiki is available. I also saw the community wiki used for providing local history. They are all good examples of the collaborative features of wikis'.

Although there are great concerns of applying wikis to medical information or other academic areas in which sound information is required by the professionals, I believe that wikis still have the potential to become great resource of information in public libraries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home