A Blog Novice's Diary

Hello! I have been a part-time library officer since 2006 after her seven years of language teaching. In my blog I like to report you how I, a new technology-phobia tackle learning Web 2.0.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Online applications and tools

I was amazed at a number of useful and free online applications and software.

Google Docs could be used for request for purchaing. It would be useful for both staff and customers to know what have been requested. Staff at Information desk accept suggestions of purchase from customers. We spend quite a few time to identify the item, get details and fill out the request form. If it has been already requested, we could avoid the duplicated work.

I logged into Google Doc and created a Family-Budget Plan by using a template. I shared it with my husband, so I got idea of the tool and was able to see the potential uses of Google Docs. Curently our library documents are shared by all staff. However this is through our intranet. In Google Docs, documents are shared via the internet making them on-line documents which can be easily accessed from any computer.

1 Comments:

Blogger pls@slnsw said...

Don't forget to share a google doc with us at nswpln@gmail.com

Ellen (PLS)

July 28, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home