A Blog Novice's Diary

Hello! I have been a part-time library officer since 2006 after her seven years of language teaching. In my blog I like to report you how I, a new technology-phobia tackle learning Web 2.0.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Answer Boards and Social Searching

I have once browsed Yahoo Answers hoping to find the answer for unlocking region code from my Hitachi DVD player, and found the answer for the particular brand and model. Thanks for the information, I successfully got my DVD player unlocked! On the other hand, it is true that a lot of answers provided are vague and based on personal opinion. So it would be fantastic that information professionals like librarians provide answers based on authoritative resources. But hang on, librarians are very busy people and full of questions at hands. So why they bother to go out to find more questions??

1 Comments:

Blogger pls@slnsw said...

Librarians answer questions on answer boards not because they need more questions to answer, but because a lot of people don't know that librarians answer questions. It is a marketing tool, as well as an information tool.

Ellen (PLS)

July 1, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home